This returns policy forms part of and is applicable together with our Terms and Conditions.
All returns will need to be approved before any refunds are processed.
All devices normally have a minimum 12 month warranty (unless otherwise specified). Accessory warranty period may vary per product.
Warranties are carried by the manufacturer unless otherwise stated. If you’re looking to return an applicable product to us under the “Change of Mind” clause, the return is for your own expense.
These warranties cover manufacturer defects and does not cover wear and tear of the product. Products will be assessed to determine the fault of the product.
Client misuse of any product will void all warranties and will be non-replaceable or a quotation will be provided at a cost of R250 if the quotation is rejected.
Kindly refer to your Manufacturer User Guide for additional information regarding warranty terms and conditions. It is advisable to keep this Guide in a safe place
Celltrader (Pty) Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, or damage of whatsoever nature (excluding injury or death) suffered by the customer in relation to the device, however arising.
All support and/or maintenance offered in relation to the device is either provided by the manufacturer thereof and/or Celltrader. Celltrader shall not be liable for any loss, cost, claim, damage of whatsoever nature suffered by the customer in relation thereto including without limitation any failure of the manufacturer to provide same.
Changed your Mind Return ?
- You have 7 days from the date of receipt to return a product to us for any reason whatsoever excluding specified items as per advertisement.
- This is in accordance with Section 44 of the ECT Act.
- Section 44 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act is only applicable if you are a natural person – ie/ a human being. You must also be the end user of the product. If you qualify as a consumer under the ECT Act, you may be entitled to cancel some electronic transactions within seven days, without reason or penalty.
- Returning the products is at your own expense. If we arrange a collection of the products from you, these costs will be deducted from the amount that will be refunded to you.
- We require all products to be returned in new, saleable condition with all packaging intact. Handling fees may apply if any of the conditions are not met.
- You will be refunded the purchase price of the goods within 7 days following receipt of your return (less any expenses/fees).
The following products cannot be returned in terms of the ECT Act:
Items which have been specially ordered for you, or where stated in the advertisement
Warranty assistance ?
- All products purchased from us have a minimum of a 12 month warranty unless these items are pre-owned. Assistance will be provided with warranty claims.
- In accordance with the terms of the CPA of 2008, assuming you qualify as a consumer, then all of our goods sold to you are sold with an implied warranty of quality against any defects for six months of normal household or business use, from the time we supplied the goods. Accessory warranty periods can vary per product.
- We will replace, repair, or refund the price of any faulty products that you return to us during the 6 month mandatory period with the exception of pre-owned items at the discretion of Celltrader. Accessory warranty periods can vary per product.
- For all products where the title states “Local Stock”, the full manufacturer warranty is provided, normally a minimum of 12 months.
- For all products where the title states “ Demo” or “import” a warranty is provided exclusively by Celltrader, normally a period of 6 months.
- For pre-owned products, a warranty is provided by Celltrader and/or the manufacturer, normally a minimum of 3 months.
- Please ensure your item is packaged securely and insured against any loss/damage or theft in transit, if you are sending the item back to us using your own method.
- We will notify you once we have received your return.
- Once the goods have been inspected, if any misuse of negligence has been found, we will notify you and this may prevent us from issuing you part / full refund.
- If you would like your item replaced or repaired, we will notify of the applicable next steps pending your preference.
- If you have opted for a refund, this will be processed to your original payment method unless you have requested otherwise, within 7 working days of receipt of your return. Please allow up to 21 calendar days for Credit Card refunds to reflect depending on your bank.
- We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer satisfaction by offering incredible service, respecting our customers’ rights and ensuring compliance with best practice and all local legislation.
If you’re not satisfied for any reason, please reach out to us without delay via email@example.com
Web Ship Return ?
- Something wrong with your shipment? We’ll refund you or replace the item that is either incorrect or doesn’t match up to the description on our website.
- There is no additional cost for this.
- Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours following the day of receipt.
Warranty Period ?
- In addition to the statutory warranty on most products (excluding pre-owned), there is an additional warranty period supplied either directly by the manufacturer and/or Celltrader.
- The majority of our products have been sourced locally but we also look to international markets to bring you the products you want.
- Pre-Owned Products usually carry only a 3 month warranty but at times may carry no warranty at all. Please get in touch with us if you would like to confirm any warranty details before ordering one of these products.
- Where products have been imported by us, these products may differ in benefit and/or after sales support than the same product sourced in South Africa. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording “Import”.
- Where Samsung and Huawei products are imported directly by Celltrader or a non-authorized Samsung and/or Huawei distributor, these products do not benefit from the exclusive offer in place by Samsung South Africa. This includes but is not limited to, the Wi-Fi offer, ADH Cover and Extended 24 Month Warranty period.
- These Samsung and/or Huawei devices carry a minimum 6-month warranty warranty, supported by Connected Devices in South Africa and not from the local manufacturer/distributor of the product.
- These products will be identified in the product title with the wording “Import”
- In addition, certain manufacturers in South Africa may offer specific benefits for products purchased through the channel in South Africa which include but are not limited to: Free Screen Replacements; Water Damage Cover; Memberships; Extended Warranty Periods.
- Where products are imported directly by Celltrader, these products may not include these and/or other benefits. These products will be identified in the product title with the wording “Import”
N.B: Whilst the majority of products offered on the Celltrader website have been sourced locally, where products have been imported by Celltrader, the importation of these products is done without the approval of the manufacturer or approved distributor in South Africa. As a result, these products do not benefit from the local support and/or warranty in place by the local manufacturer and/or their appointed distributor.
All products are supported by Celltrader in South Africa for a minimum of 6 months, up to 24 months depending on the product concerned.
On each product page under the “Product Description”, Celltrader endeavors to give clear and thorough information regarding the presentation of the Products’ essential technical specifications.
Celltrader endeavors to provide all the Products on the website with the corresponding image. However, Celltrader does not warrant that information, graphic depictions, and Product descriptions or other content of the Celltrader website is accurate, complete, reliable, updated, current, or error-free even though all endeavors are made to reflect the correctness of same. To obtain confirmation for Product’s specifications, please send an email to email@example.com
Selling your phone
The following process must be followed to sell your phone to Celltrader
- Seller can select the selling tab on our website and fill in all the relevant information accurately.
- Once we have received your application to sell, you will receive an email within 24 hours with an offer to purchase price.
- If you are happy with the price, you can reply to the email with a collection address. The original invoice will be requested. Upon receipt of the invoice our courier will then collect from you.
- After receiving the phone, it will be assessed by Celltrader technicians. Once it has passed all our tests, a valuation will be provided and banking details will be requested from you for payment.
- Please note that any pricing offered to you on the website will only be finalised once the device has been assessed and passed by Celltrader technicians.
- Payments for confirmed devices will be made within 72 hours of confirmation.
- If a seller misrepresents their device on the application, the courier return fees will be billed to the client, if the client rejects our valuation.
Terms and conditions of selling your device
- Once you have accepted our offer to purchase, we will email you a copy of the waybill for collection. Under no circumstances should the device be handed over to the courier without having a signed copy of the waybill. If you do not have a signed copy of the waybill we cannot be held liable for any loss or damage.
- Onus lies on the seller for proof of the devices condition before shipping. We suggest that the seller take pictures of the device before shipping.
- Celltrader cannot be held liable for any damages or theft during shipping. Optional insurance is available to the customer at a cost of 3%.
- All devices must have a valid proof of purchase from the original supplier, to prevent fraud and theft.
- If any devices are found to have been stolen or obtained fraudulently, the seller will be liable for any and all charges associated with rectifying the situation.
- Celltrader will make the final decision on all devices offered to Celltrader.